Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pear Blue Chicken Salad

About a year ago I decided I really like the taste of fruit with roasted chicken. Therefore, I enjoy making chicken salad with leftover roasted chicken and seasonal fresh fruit. For my most recent version, I used pears and blue cheese, which is a classic flavor combination.

I loved the pears in this! Their fresh, juicy mildness was the perfect contrast to the strong cheese and the heartiness of the chicken. I think pears are a little underrated and I often forget how delicious they are.

Pear Blue Chicken Salad
5 cups (approx.) roasted chicken, torn into bite-size pieces
3 bosc pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
4 oz. blue cheese, cubed or crumbled
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1/2 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
1/2 cup mayo
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. honey

Toss together the chicken, pears, blue cheese, shallot, and pecans. For the dressing, whisk the vinegar and honey into the mayo, until very smooth. Pour over the chicken mixture and stir gently until well coated.

Note: The dressing tastes best if made the day before and refrigerated overnight.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! This looks/sounds delicious!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa, I always appreciate your comments.

    ReplyDelete