Friday, September 24, 2010

Preserving Summer Tomatoes

I have been busy with kitchen projects but not with my blog.  One of the things I have done is can tomatoes, which I love to do.  Canning tomatoes is time consuming and a lot of work, but the results are so very satisfying.  I love feasting my eyes on those beautiful, plump, red, juicy tomatoes, especially in the winter when it is snowing outside.  The pops and pings of the jar lids as they seal is music to my ears.  And the aroma of summer, released in winter, is so fragrant. 

I am not giving step-by-step directions because I did that last year. You can see that post here.  I also added a link to last year's tomato canning project in the side bar. 

2 comments:

  1. I definitely have home canned tomato envy! It has been so many years since I produced canned tomatoes. I am hoping next year to be further along with my return to yesteryear project. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Rocquie! I will envy you in the coming month with this incredible bounty :o) Can't wait to see what you use this all for!

    ReplyDelete