Sunday, June 5, 2011

Broccoli and Blue Cheese Quiche


This is a recipe from another one of my old hippie cookbooks, Cabbagetown Cafe Cookbook. I have spoken before about my love of quiche. Quiches are very forgiving and as simple as you like to make. You can make your own pastry, buy a pre-made crust, purchase one of those roll out crusts from the dairy section of the grocery store, you can even make it crustless, if you prefer.  You can use any combination of cheeses and any vegetables or combinations of ingredients.



I skipped the other herbs listed in the recipe and chose to use 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, finely minced. It was perfectly complimentary to the broccoli and blue cheese.


I also used more cheese than called for in the recipe and made this quiche very cheesy. It was delicious!



And you know? I have never heard anyone say, "No, I don't like quiche". 


I am linking this post to Mom's Sunday Cafe for Melynda's Cookbook Sundays.



6 comments:

  1. OMG, what is not to like about this wonderful quiche! I have begun to really enjoy blue cheese in a heated dish as well as cold, this sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocquie, thanks for sharing this with Cookbook Sundays, I must keep an eye out for that cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quiches too & I've been looking up recipes for one I can make with salmon. We love broccoli at my house so this one would be a winner except for the blue cheese (not a big fan) - any substitutes you could suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh about your "hippie" cookbooks. I have a few of those myself. The first quiche I ever made came from the Sunburst Farm Family Cookbook. I have always loved that cookbook. I am going to have to get the one you mentioned just for old times sake. LOL!

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks utterly delicious - broccoli and cheese are such good companions, and what's not to like about quiche ?!
    Sue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. : ) I discovered the same recipe from the same cookbook from the 1980's! I can't find the book and am so glad you posted the image of the recipe. Only quiche I ever make. So good, I never found the need to look for another recipe. One tip, I think it taste even better reheated after a night of refrigeration, but delish either way!

    ReplyDelete