Monday, May 13, 2013

Strawberry Smoothie

 
 
I had a lovely Mother's Day yesterday. Did you? I had brunch at The Cantina, a restaurant in Biltmore Village in Asheville, North Carolina, with Alice, Nina Linda, and Pritchard Parker, of course. Alice gave me cards and flowers.  Afterwards, "the girls" came over to visit for the afternoon while Pritchard Parker went to visit his Mother. Later, I called and talked to my Mother, who lives in Alabama.  Here is a post I wrote about her last year in case you missed it.
 
I started the day with a strawberry smoothie. Shown is my Grandmother's table cloth, so naturally I thought of her too.
 
Strawberry Smoothie
1 cup fresh strawberries, rinsed and halved
1/2 cup yogurt
1/2 cup milk (soy, almond, cow, or other)
1 serving protein powder, optional
 
Place all ingredients in blender. You can freeze the strawberries if you want your smoothie thick and icy, or you can add a little ice. I don't. Process until smooth and creamy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment