Friday, June 27, 2014

Cool Honey Mint Smoothie



ABOUT FIFTEEN YEARS AGO, I read a book called The Four Agreements. In the book, the author, Don Miguel Ruiz discusses the Toltec concept of mitote (me-toe-tay).  Mitote refers to a cacophony of voices in your head which are all talking but none of them seem to be listening.

My husband has always called it "too many things to think about all at the same time".

I mention it because this is where I have been for a few weeks. Some people thrive on constant busy-ness, others take pride in their ability to multi-task. Not I. It really disturbs my peace and happiness to pay constant partial attention to many undertakings and future duties at once. I prefer to be more mindful, to live in a state of balance, and to enjoy my life.

Would you like to slow down, relax, and savor a fresh, cooling, and healthful smoothie with me?






Cool Honey Mint Smoothie
3 cups chopped honeydew melon
1 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped cucumber
1/2 ripe avocado
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp. honey
1 cup plain yogurt
Coconut water

Place melon, cucumber, avocado, fresh mint, lime juice, honey and yogurt in blender. Process, using  as much coconut water as needed to blend to desired consistency.

Garnish with cucumber slices and mint springs.




2 comments:

  1. Now that I can eat mint again, this is in my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melynda, let me know what you think if you try it? Thanks for you comment, Rocquie

    ReplyDelete